Sunday, January 25, 2009

A good time was had by all

Yes I think I can speak for us all, we had a great time!!! And I for one learned lots of stuff, just watching somebody who has worked with PMC for some time is a learning experience for me.

There were 4 of us from the PreciousMetalClay, group. Myself, Sandee (the hostess, thank you so much!) Evie and Deb. Deb graciously shared her wisdom with us and we happily soaked it up. She showed us how to put a fine silver post on pmc earrings without soldering, actually quite simple. I'll be trying that one soon.

She also showed us something I knew would be easy but was afraid to try it, how to make a mold. She used Sculpey Mold Maker and Sandee showed us using Amazing Mold Putty. I stopped at Michaels on the way home and found Amazing Mold Putty which I made several molds with last night and I have 2 pieces drying right now from those molds. I plan on firing them later today.

We learned many more bits and pieces you just pick up by observation.

Sandee's place is amazing, it's a huge bright room with tons of space in a beautiful setting. She has offered to have more meetings and even classes. I'm very excited about it. We're hoping to have a meeting about 2 months from now.

Here are a couple of pictures. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so these were taken with my cell phone. Not too bad really.





Kristi

DreamSome Designs

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great working space!
    All that light, it must be a real joy to work in :)
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete