Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspired by Nature Feather Challenge

Yesterday was the deadline for this Inspired by Nature Feather Challenge, totally messed up. I had the Copper Components made several days ago but finished them in time for the deadline just slipped by. I finished them this morning and thought I'd share outside of the challenge.

As soon as I saw the Peacock Feather as our inspiration I knew I wanted to create a component with the Ammonite texture and shape it somewhat like a feather. If the Copper gods were good to me I'd get some good peacock color when I torched them. The color turned out a little more subtle than was in my minds eye but I think it works. I added my own enamel head pins, faceted freshwater pearls in blue and red and a few tiny greek ceramic beads.




BTW, if you like these compnents, I made an second set and will list them in my Etsy Shop.

Kristi

6 comments:

  1. Oh the colors came out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Kristi! I like how you can make it either a feather or a shell. Super cool! And glad that you were able to do that even after the fact. It's never too late to be inspired! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your creations.Those shells are beautful! Congratulation.Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristi, they are very beautiful, too bad you missed the deadline. ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The earrings are so pretty. I just found your Etsy shop and blog thru SCJ Jewelry...love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! They do remind me of a peacock. Thank you for the comment on my blog. As far as food goes I have found that the less processed food I eat (and more organic) the better I feel! It is scary how much nonsense gets added into our food. ~Val

    ReplyDelete