Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Escutcheon Love BTW

My latest obsession!


Since I'm obsessed I really need to learn how to spell Escutcheon without having to look it up every time!

es·cutch·eon noun \is-ˈkə-chən\


Definition of ESCUTCHEON

1: a defined area on which armorial bearings are displayed and which usually consists of a shield

2: a protective or ornamental plate or flange (as around a keyhole)

3: the part of a ship's stern on which the name is displayed




I'm making molds of all these wonderful ornamental Vintage Key Holes and making them in to Copper Components.




One of my favorites almost cleaned and ready to fire.






I'll share the results once they are all fired.
 I still have alot of pieces to make to fill up my kiln so it will probably be at least a week.


Kristi

18 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why I continue to torture myself by reading your blog when I'm on a bead diet. I might have to break down and get one of these lovely escutcheon pieces......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree Alice...Kristi ou need to stop making such beautiful irresistible components...my bank account is suffering immensely....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to know that's the name! I have a number of those I've collected and had no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I please reserve 3 of them?
    Beautiful work, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Shannon, I just sent you an email. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. These are fantastic! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my oh my oh MY! I love keyholes almost as much as I love keys! I have some beautiful vintage Eastlake escutcheons that I should send to you for mold making. I love this. I will be stalking your site! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man, Krisi. I love what you are doing with the escutcheons. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this word Kristi!
    I do love these keyholes though, and I look forward to seeing them once they are fired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man...you are so creative! I love what you are doing with this! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic , kristi I even bought some old vintage doorknobs also to use for this purpose. I love the old stuff so much design and style almost makes me think jewelry as soon as I see them on stuff makes me want to do some rubbings in antique stores which I am sure they would not approve of, can't you just see that one taking place. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, Kristi. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Using that mold is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, Kristi. I'm looking forward to seeing them fired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so great, I can really see them being great connectors for bracelets and necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously so gorgeous!!! I have been obsessed for a long time!!! These are beauties!

    ReplyDelete