Thursday, August 13, 2009

Days 2 & 3 Jewelry Intensive

Days 2 & 3 are surely intense!! We worked on making a pendant and setting a stone. I chose to set a stone I've had for some time, it's a beautiful rather large teardrop of Ruby Fuchite. Beautiful pinkish red with a splash of green.

Because I've been in the process of moving the last month or so I've had virtually no opportunity to make jewelry. Besides not really having the time much of my jewelry making supplies have been packed away. It feels fabulous to once again be creative!

This project included designing around the stone, sawing and soldering the bezel and other componants and setting the stone. Over the last 2 days I've really enjoyed seeing mine and the other students projects come to life, there are some amazing pieces. I tried to take pictures of many of the other projects in process and I'll try to take finished pictures too.

Here are a few of mine along the way from start to finish.


In the beginning, the bezel has been soldered and the cut out been done. The little piece of paper shows the approximate design I'm going for.



The back showing the piece that was cut out, I'm thinking that piece might end up as another piece of jewelry.



Nearly there, just have to make a chain for it.



Here's the finished back, 2 little bails and the back of the stone has lots of personality too, it would have been a shame to cover it up.

I'm very excited to set more stone, lots of ideas floating in my head, I really need to find my sketchbook in all these boxes and get my studio set up!!

Stay tuned for day 4!!

Kristi
http://dreamsome.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment