Saturday, September 29, 2012

I Heart Macro - Yosemite


I was in Yosemite for several days recently,
I only had a chance to take one photo of this beautiful pinecone.
It's quite large, about 10" long if I remember right.
One of my commenters informed me this is a Jeffrey Cone. Good to know, thank you!


I wish I could have studied it a little more.

A little secret, this isn't macro at all.
I took this photo from about 6 feet away with my 50mm lens.
It's the only lens I lugged around Yosemite.
I'm so happy the one and only picture I was able to take turned out so good,
 other than something in front of the lens in the bottom corner.

Kristi


studio waterstone

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I would never have thought that was a real pinecone. The colors and texture on it remind me of glass. The pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Jeffrey cone. Beautiful shot! We've learned not to park our cars under these trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great macro shot! I've never seen a pine cone that light brown color before. It's really pretty and looks a little waxy like a candle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot of the pinecone, and so close ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely details, the cones are so big ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots and obviously an awesome lens!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo - such wonderful detail! Thanks you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete