Monday, September 3, 2012

Yukon Gold

Yummy yummy yummmyyyy,
I finally harvested my Yukon Golds.
Oh how I love them!
Not a very impressive harvest but I will so enjoy eating them since they came from my own garden!




I would say there'a dozen or so good sized ones and lots of babies,
NOM NOM NOM!

Potatos are one of my favorites staples since I became Plant Based Vegan!
This may last me one week but what a week!!



One of my favorite and the most simple ways to use potatos,
slice thin or thick, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and back in the oven at 400 degrees,
until they start to puff up and bubble and brown just a little.
My seasoning of choice is Lemon Pepper.
A little over 1 hour ago these were in the dirt, now I'm having them for dinner!

Kristi

8 comments:

  1. Yummy! I bet they taste extra special since they came from your garden. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh potatoes!!! I can never get enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Yukon Golds although I've never raised any. In fact, I made a gold pearl necklace a long time ago that is listed in my shop, and I even named it "Yukon Golds". I like to cook them the same way you do, but try sprinkling a little bit of paprika on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom always says that she has never met a potatoe that she didn't like. Me neither.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about an invitation? LOL! Enjoy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Kristi!!
    No potato tastes quite like these, and here they are only available for a limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mine with a slight drizzle of Olive Oil and fresh rosemary from my herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm plant based so I don't use oil on anything, yes on the Rosemary though I love Rosemary potatos. :)

      Delete