Saturday, May 11, 2013

Miss you Mom!!

Some of you may have noticed I've been fairly quiet this last month or so.
I lost my mom just over a month ago so I've pulled back for a bit on as much as I could.
Having Mother's Day come up so soon after hasn't been very easy.
Constant reminders of Mom as if I wasn't already thinking about her so much!
I thought today might be good day to send a shout out to my Mom!
This is one of the last pictures that was taken of her and I think one of the best. She wore this red shirt often and it really brightened her up and showed off her beautiful baby blues!


Here's Mom Wii Bowling.

She moved in to an independent living apartment at Merrill Gardens about 8 months ago, there were lots of ups and down as she got used to the change.
Wii bowling was something she really enjoyed and was quite good at,
all those years of bowling paid off.

Here's mom and my sister and I last winter walking around mom's apartment building.



Here's a blast from the past! The whole family, I had just turned 2.
Mom made all our clothes growing up,
I remember these beautiful Easter dresses with pretty Purple Tulips!
She was an amazing seamstress!




Unfortunately about the time Mom was really beginning to settle in and enjoy herself her health started failing,
when her time came she went very quickly.
She was ready to go and made it happen, I'm thankful she didn't linger.

Slowly trying to get back in to the swing of things,
maybe Mother's Day will be the point where I can turn the corner.

Your youngest misses you Mom!!!

Kristi

17 comments:

  1. Much love to you Miss Kristi! Your mother looks like a delightful person. Celebrating her beautiful life through the legacy of her daughter! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me cry. I am so sorry you lost your mom. Mine has been gone 16 years and it still is hard to get through Mother's Day. My mom made all my clothes as well and was such a party girl. I do miss her sunshine personality! I missed having her to help me raise my own child. I hope you get through tomorrow and know that you have many, many friends here that are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom looks so sweet. Our sincerest condolences for your loss. Deborah and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post & tribute to your mother, Kristi. It has made me cry tears of sadness & happiness too, seeing the love & admiration you have for your mom & all that she did for you & your family. I'm thinking of you today, knowing just how bittersweet it is to celebrate this special day. xxooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kristi, I'm so sorry. This is such a wonderful tribute to your Mom. I hope you do turn the corner, although it's not an easy thing to do. My Mom has been gone for 13 years and I think of her every day, often doing something and thinking "Mom would like this!" It used to make me sad but now it gives me great comfort. I wish that for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi I am so sorry for you loss. Thank you for sharing the pics of your mom and sharing the pic of her bowling! Take care Kristi and big hugs!! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi, I'm sorry for your loss and understand it very well. My mom is gone ten years and I think of her and miss her every day. This can be a hard day, but it will get a little easier as time goes by. take care today and thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Kristi, there is so much love and sympathy for you in my heart today. My mom (who also made all my clothes...she was amazing) passed on 25 years ago, and I think of her so often...and still miss her. I don't think that will ever go away, nor should it. Today my heart is full of appreciation and love for her, and I know you are feeling that way too. Love and hugs to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad to know of your loss, Kristi. Our Mums are our first and truest friends, our champions and cheerleaders. Mother's Day is bittersweet for all of us who have lost our dear Mums. Your mother obviously lived joyfully and with great love of family. Your memories are a treasure trove which you will revisit often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. My own mom passed nearly two years ago. Even now I sometimes reach for the phone to let her know something about the kids or an incident at work. Moms become our best friends, patient listeners, and cheerleaders. You have wonderful memories to keep you company when you are missing her.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely heartfelt post about your Mom Kristi!! A great tribute to her. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry for your loss. My dad passed away in Jan, and he went in a similar way to your mom. Take some comfort in the fact that she was at peace and ready to go. My mom is still hanging in there, but health issues are surfacing, so I treasure every day/ month/ hopefully years, I have with her. Much love toy you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful tribute to your mom, Kristi. I enjoyed seeing pictures of her. Wishing you peace and inner healing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and your Mom are right - that red shirt truly does bring out the blue in her eyes. In Russian, the words for red and beautiful have the same roots. Losing someone you love is one of the hardest things, but I truly believe that they're not truly gone as long as your remember them. You have my heartfelt empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing your Mom with us. Your love for her shines through with every word and you can tell that she was truly a beautiful woman inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful pictures of your mother; thanks for sharing. The loss of one's mom is one of the hardest things ever. Hopefully you will feel her presence whenever you need her.

    ReplyDelete