Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

Amazing long weekend for me.
I've been wanting to visit some of the wonderful birding areas in Reno when we visit
and we hit a great spot this past weekend.

Snowy Egret

Cinnamon Teal


Yellow Headed Blackbird

Female Yellow Headed Blackbird
She was not a cooperative subject, was in the tall grass most of the time and this was the clearest shot I could get of her.

Northern Harrier

All of the above birds are life birds for me so it was a very lucrative trip for me and I look forward to visiting again!

Western Meadowlark

Western Meadowlark
While the Western Meadowlark is not a life bird for me it's been many many years since I've had the pleasure of seeing and hearing on of these wonderful birds and this is my first photo opportunity!

Turkey Vulture

I also got a chance to see 4 Turkey Vulture, couldn't get a good photo of the group in fact had trouble getting any good pictures, this is the best of the lot.

Kristi

Check out all the other wonderful bird lovers by clicking on the picture below.




5 comments:

  1. I always love to see your birding adventures. We noticed last weekend that Bald Eagles have nested at one of our high mountain lakes. Saturday we will pack in our telephoto lenses and spend the morning trying to get some shots of this magnificent pair. We watched mom grab a large trout and carry it to the nest last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice set of birds of which a couple that I recognise from a recent trip to Venezuela

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent sightings!! [don't forget to add The Bird D'Pot link to your post] -- http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com [the graphic linking is provided to you for your convenience on the blog site if you choose to use the 'button' instead]

    ReplyDelete