Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

First I'll share another bird I saw in Reno at the Swan Lake
HERE's my previous blog showing the other birds I saw there.

Below is a cute little American Avocet, a life bird for me!

American Avocet

I discovered a new Wetland area very close to my home, I spent a couple hours there yesterday.
I heard this wonderful little Wren for a long time and could never get a picture, the grasses are all above my head in most areas so unless the bird perches in a tree or on the top of one of these Cat Tails I can't see them.  Then finally this little one was kind enough to perch on a spot I could see from the walk way, stayed there singing away long enough for me to get several good pictures!


Marsh Wren
Then he/she grabbed a bit of nesting material before flying away. 


Below is a different Marsh Wren singing up a storm.


Towards the end of the walk I saw this Bald Eagle coming in and landing, fortunately I was in a spot I could fairly easily move to a spot I could zoom in on it taking a drink!



Red Winged Blackbird

This little Savannah Sparrow was the first bird I saw as I was entering the wetlands.
 So happy I got such a charming shot!

Savannah Sparrow
Kristi


15 comments:

  1. My goodness, these are wonderful, Kristi!
    I love the little wren with the nesting "goodies," and how fortunate you were to capture the eagle. Just gorgeous.

    I wish you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, a Perfect post for WBW!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you had one foot up on that wren! Great shots. I enjoy your bird posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great series of photos and very interesting to see the eagle on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great shots, I love them all, but particularly the Avocet.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice variety of birds. I love the cute wren and awesome eagle shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A terrific series. The eagle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive captures!
    The eagle especially and the wren with the mouthful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice assortment of birds shared. The American Avocet is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shot of the wren with the nesting material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely birds, glad you got the lifer too. The Avocet is a smart bird so very well done, always great to see the majesty of the Bald Eagle.

    Nice post, thanks Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful picture of the eagle. So nice of him to be posing so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always fascinating to see what you find! Thank you for sharing, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete