Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Heart Macro Hydrangea

When we moved in to this house about 2 years ago I thought this Hydrangea was a gonner, it just looked like a bunch of dead sticks coming out of the ground. But I started trimming it and could see there was still life there so tended to it and tried to bring it back to life. Then when I saw these incredible blooms I was hooked, and this year it actually has alot of leaves as well and you can hardly see the branches. Even though my hubby (not a gardener by any stretch) kept telling me to just cut it down, I don't give up on plants easily and in many cases I am happily rewarded.












Check out lots of other beautiful I Heart Macro Blog posts here on


studio waterstone

Kristi

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous hydrangea - have never seen one that mix of colors. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous photographs Kristi!
    I could not choose a favorite if I had to.
    Love them all.
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so, so, SO, so pretty! I love hydrangeas and have never been able to grow them. Maybe I needed more patience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my Hydrangea looked like yours! The colors are amazing. It is so rewarding to give a sad plant a little TLC and seeing it bounce back! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hydrangea shots. They are my favorite, said I was going to count how many bushes I had this year, haven't done it yet! Our blooms are pretty much on the way out, just got way too hot and dry even with care. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites...what a great series of shots! And yep, it's a good thing you didn't give up on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hydrangeas are s gorgeous....nice capture ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have probably saved a rare variety of hydrangea. It is unusual and beautiful.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete