Saturday, June 18, 2011

Art Bead Scene June Challenge

This months inspiration is Ophelia, a stunning piece by Odilon Redon.



"The depiction of Ophelia seems not at all tragic, but rather an idyllic scene of a naked bather in a limpid pool of flowers. The design and colour scheme is masterly and original, being merely suggestive of the tragedy of death after rejection and madness." - Tony Thomas


I was completely taken away by the color and I chose to use alot of it in my piece.
 




 
Top Left Tourmaline Nuggets from Magpie Gemstones
Top Center Lampwork Focal by Lori Lochner
Bottom Center purple/pink hollow etched Lampwork beads by Aja Vaz of Wandering Spirit
Bronze/Copper Metal Clay Focal and Copper wire clasp made by me!
 
Kristi

11 comments:

  1. I love your necklace, I especially like your use of all the colours in the palette.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! That lampwork focal is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful... love the colors and the choice and mix of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori's lampwork bead is wonderful! Love your interpretation. Definitely the colors grab you.

    I walk by my pulled beads and printout of the painting every day.. not sure what I'm going to do yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great eye for color and composition Miss Kristi! I love this piece. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous necklace! Love all the colors you incoporated together, just makes you want to wear the necklace and never take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! There's just something about the colors in that artwork that catches the eye isn't there? You've done a great job drawing from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful I love the colors in your piece.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. That focal bead is stunning! Such a lovely mix of colors in your piece.

    ReplyDelete