Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hummingbirds

I'm going to ramble a bit and then there are pictures further down.

Yes, I think I am slightly obsessed with the little dickens!! We can see both feeders from our couch and it's fun to watch them dart between the 2, there are also lots of baskets for them to feast upon.

Typically I only see one, on occassion I see 2 when they are zipping around chasing each other from the feeder. BUT last night my husband saw 3 at the same time, 2 side by side on one feeder and one on another, and then one of the 2 went and joined the other one. My thought is it must be mom and 2 fledgling kiddos!! How exciting. After a fairly long spell of seeing them rarely I see them all the time both in front and in back of the house, I love it!!

On top of that I found this amazing website that has a camera on Pheobe the hummingbird 24/7 so I can watch them whenever I want. Right now she has 2 tiny recently hatched little ones in her nest. I missed both hatchings by only moments. When I started watching it about 1 month ago there was baby on the nest that fledged a few days after I discovered the site. They grow incredibly fast, I look forward to seeing these 2 babies fledge and more than likely little Pheobe will have more eggs shortly after. CLICK HERE to see Pheobe!

Here are my most recent attempts to photogragh these fast little feathered wonders!

The first 3 are in the back yard at the feeder.





The next 2 are in the front at my Coral Bells, this little one zipped around for several minutes at each tiny flower...

Then, he/she actually landed on one of the sprigs and feasted on everthing within the reach of it's little tongue!


Kristi

5 comments:

  1. I live hummingbirds. They're like little flying jewels. We have some amazing ones, here, too. Anna's and the Magnificents are two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how sweet are they! Love the camera too, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I love humming birds, too. Thanks for sharing the link. I'm off to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristi, they are so cute and your photos are great thanks for sharing ttfn L:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I have been absent for a bit but I love mine too! They will even come to the feeder when I am on the patio. I love them!

    ReplyDelete