Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Heart Macro (extension tubes)

I recently purchased a set of extension tubes so that I can do even closer close up shots. I haven't had time to play much with them but I thought today it would be fun to take a photo of the same leaf using each tube so we could compare. It does make a difference, and considering I am not and probably will never be a professional photogragher I am happy to spend a fraction of the cost of an actual macro lense. I look forward to taking some jewelry shots using them!

Other than resizing the pics a little bit there was no editing or cropping of these photos.

18-55 mm lense with 12mm extension tube


18-55mm lense with 20mm extension tube


18-55mm lense with 36mm extension tube


The most difficult part was staying still enough to get the shot, I also tried to take the same shots of a flower but with me AND the plant moving it was tough. Next time I'll get out my tripod, that'll at least take my movement out of the equation.

Check out more I Heart Macro 

studio waterstone

Kristi

14 comments:

  1. Isn't this fun! I have had wind as my helper too most days I try for my pictures. Very nice coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have been debating the extension tube but wasn't sure how it would work and just can't afford a real macro lens. Guess I'll look seriously at the extension tubes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes quite a difference - and from what I here a very affordable option. All great looks.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. the detail is amazing when you get up close...very cool!

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! I haven't considered extension tubes, but it looks like they work wonderfully. I love the colors of the leaves! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious colors...and I can see the tiny hairs on the edge of each leaf! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - love those shots. I like how you can see the little hairs on the end of the leaves. I also love the colors - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a difference each tube made! They look great and will be perfect for jewelry shots too! Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. That's amazing. Yep, that's always my problem, holding still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. nice colors and what great shots! good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are damned good for no tripod!!! Very cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I didn't even know what an extension tube was! You can get a tripod very cheap but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are awesome shots! No clue what an extension tube was, so thanks for the lesson on them! Way cool....

    ReplyDelete