Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

Just back from a short trip to the Reno area, got a couple of lifers this time!

Townsend's Solitair Life bird for me!

Crow or Raven, very tough to tell. Check out the Cheerios!!

A Juvie for sure but California or Ring-Billed, not sure about which one.

Scrub Jay another Life bird!

Scrub Jay, I love the look on his face

At first I thought Song Sparrow but I think it's a young White Crowned Sparrow.

Young White Crowned, nest mates maybe? They are so cute!

Another tough call, Coopers is my first guess but could be Sharp Shinned, hard to tell in this picture.

Wonderful fluffed up winter Robin

Robin

Northern Flicker in S Lake Tahoe

Nuthatch on the deck near Virginia City

I believe this is a Scrub Jay with a Bill Deformity. Wish I had gotten a better shot.

I reported the deformed bill to
http://alaska.usgs.gov/science/biology/landbirds/beak_deformity/observerreport.html

Kristi

11 comments:

  1. These are all just incredible! I love them all! I love birds and you have a great variety here for us today.

    I too love the Jay's expression. He looks agitated. I don't think he liked having his picture taken!

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, in my neck of the woods. We are gearing up for Eagles and Ag. Did you see any wild horses out near VC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to see a scrub jay. great shot of the red-shafted flicker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a young White Crown. They're always so spunky!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great series and its always great to see and photograph lifers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series of photos and birds. My favorite is the flicker. Congrats on your lifers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learn so much from you when you post about these. I know I have missed some but you should know I love WBW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to see all those birds in one trip! The jay with the peanut is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of birds - almost all of them would be lifers for me!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really nice series! That's a very nice variety you have!

    ReplyDelete