Friday, February 1, 2013

AJE January Component of the Month REVEAL

On the Art Jewelry Elements Blog for the Month of January we all had a wonderful Pie Bead from Karen Totten of Starry Road.
I chose this wonderful Burnt Red color and knew I wanted some how to include turquoise color with it.


Indian Summer

My first idea was for it to be a necklace but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted so I went to plan B and Plan C and finally got to this.


I really love it, Karen's wonderful Bead paired with a pair of my Copper Components and a splash of bright Turquoise Sari Silk.
I also recently got a Wire Coiling Gizmo and went to town with that, it's so much fun and addicting!
I used some Artistic Bronze wire and combined it with copper, I love mixing metals.



There are 12 participants in this reveal,
Hop along and take a look at their creations!




Kristi

15 comments:

  1. Oh Kristi that is lovely! I admit I too just got the coiling gizmo - taking Kerry's class, and it is awesome. I love your copper paired with Karen's clay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Simply amazing! Your wire skills and components just rock Karens pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,
    Hi this is Lori Phillips from Metal Clay Today E-Magazine. I just stopped by to inform you that your blog has been featured in our Best of the Blogs article.It is in our New Winter 2013 edition. Go to our home page and click on "Our Last Free Edition" You will be able to read the article on page 33. I hope you enjoy it!:-) http://metalclaytoday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too, Kristi! I love that color of Karen's bead, and yours goes so perfectly with it! Love the addition of the turquoise and your coiling is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool design! I love my coiling gizmo, too! Love all the handmade components here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you were so excited about it! I really love it. The little pops of turquoise sari is awesome! Would like to see the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those coils are great with this and the turquoise touches make it pop. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your components look like they were made to go with the bead! Great job and love that it's different and totally yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a coiling gizmo years ago and now I wish I had kept it. You make coiling look so cool! Awesome bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bracelet, Kristi! Everything works so perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could hardly wait to see how you would use the coils. This is great and I love how you were able to incorporate your copper components too! Awesome bracelet, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a lot of work!! That is so stunning...I love your components you flanked the focal with and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and very original design Kristi...I'm going to have to dig out my gismo I think...

    ReplyDelete