Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 1 Jewelry Intensive

I'm taking a week long Jewelry Intensive class from http://www.danacadesign.com/ Having lots of fun and everybody in the class is great, including Dana our instructor.

Day one consisted of choosing a design for a Copper Pin, sawing it and forging it. I have done some sawing before but nothing along these lines, very intricate and somewhat time consuming work, but the results are worth it.

I always like to take a few minutes to wander around the room and see what everybody else is creating and as always there was some very cool stuff. Wish I'd taken some pictures. Maybe today (day 3....ya I'm a little behind due to many factors lol) I'll take some if the students are willing to share.

But alas today all I have is my first creation, I'm pretty pleased with it. I would have like to have been able to spend more time on detailed texturing but I'll just have to create something else!

So, here is my Copper Butterfly Pin


Tomorrow (which is actually yesterday :), we'll be setting a stone. Creating and soldering a bezel and designing an entire piece around it.


Kristi
http://DreamSome.Etsy.com

2 comments: