Friday, August 21, 2015

We're All Ears Challenge Reveal

So  I consider these earrings to be somewhat Serendipitous because I got a special order for these components. While I'm in the process of making them I take a look at the We're All Ears Reveal today and I thought...the shape and texture of these earrings actually mirrors the challenge picture in some ways so off I went!


I had a short piece of Sari Silk that had beautiful muted colors in Autumn shades that reminded me of the colors of the Canyon.


So I wrapped the Silk around the top of the components and decided a tiny bit of sparkle would be a good addition so I roughly added the seed beads in the same colors around the silk.

I think I'll call these earrings Serendipity!

I'm very happy with the results and I think I'm going to try to make more with different colors!!!

These earrings are available to purchase HERE.
These components are available HERE.

Thank you!

Kristi

15 comments:

  1. WOW, beautiful, I love the silk with the copper components!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you added the seed beads to the wire wrapping that holds the silk in place - very inventive! And the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unique design of the copper components and how they blend so well with the texture and colours of the silk...gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique use of the materials make these an outstanding pair of earrings ...perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved your copper components and wish I had the money to gobble them up. Your earrings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your materials, colors, and the design is very stylish. Gorgeous earrings as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! The colors. The textures. The shapes. They all come together for a perfect pair of earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi, the pair is very beautiful. I love how you incorporated the ribbon and seed beads in the design. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the components (and that a lot of your components are popping up in the challenges this month!). I also really like the way you wrapped the silk. I am always wanting to use my stash but never think of doing things like this. It really works well and brings a tactile experience in. Thank you for participating in the Earrings Everyday We're All Ears challenge. Check back on the blog on September 4th for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great looking earrings! I love the silk addition, it adds such texture! And the little beads really accent the silk. And with the swirls in the main components, they just scream canyon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous!!! I love the name! One of my favorite words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you were working on a special order and noticed the shape was perfect for the challenge. And you're right, these are serendipitous

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristi, I have always adored your components and am always amazed at how beautifully you use silk in your designs. Gorgeous earrings! They really have that canyon feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the way you wire wrapped around the silk... and, as always, your components are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete