Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow and Inspiration



We've had our first snow of the season, and I had an inspiration. Completely unrelated they just happened to have occured on the same night.

I have a large abalone shell and I decided I needed to try to mold some clay on the inside and then attempt to get a patina that might replicate the beautiful colors and shine of the shell itself. Here is one I've left in the shell to dry and one I removed right after pressing it. If it works I'll either use it as is or make a mold of it.

I am hoping they will dry in time to put in the kiln, later today with all the other pieces I have ready to fire today, and I hope it will all fit in my little tiny kiln.

A perfect day to fire up the kiln don't you think!!

To be continued.....

Kristi

DreamSome.Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment