Thursday, December 18, 2008

What to do on a Snow Day...

Today is one of those days when I only went out when absolutely necessary. It's possible to get around but I'm happy to putter around the house and play with clay and do some holiday cooking. Pumpkin pie just about ready to come out of the oven.


With this freezing weather I've been working hard to keep my hummingbird feeder thawed out. I have at least 2 hummers feeding on it and I worry about them, how can they find enough to eat in this frigid weather. Here's one of my cuties taking a sip. Why these particular birds didn't migrate I don't know. I'm happy to watch them.





Other than my park ranger duties and cooking, I've been working with my PMC. I just received a fresh packet of clay and a wonderful new book that has inspired me to continue to try new things and learn on my own until my next workshop some time in the new year. It's called PMC Technic Edited by Tim McCreight with 10 wonderful chapters each by a different PMC Artisan. Some very fun ideas I can't wait to try!!!



Here are a few of today's pieces, in dry clay form, still lots of perfecting before they will be ready to fire. A couple of pendants and a pair of earring charms.



I feel like they are going to turn out very nice. I hope to get a few more done today and tomorrow and fire up the kiln again soon. I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with this stuff, it's a fantastic outlet for my creativity that I haven't had in a long long time. And silver has always been one of my favorites so what could be better!

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings!

Here is one of the clay pieces show above as a finished product.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18920254


Kristi

http://dreamsome.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment