Sunday, January 8, 2012

Copper Macro



These are Copper Ammonite Components I'm making for my Component Blog Hop coming up next month. I think we have about 18 people and I had to make a bunch on pre-order because I quickly ran out of the few I made at the start. I am happy that so many people wanted to participate.

Here they are right out of the tumbler,
 I'll be torching them and hoping to get wonderful color from the copper before I mail them out.



I couldn't even fit them all in the kiln last night, I'll be firing another load tonight!

Here's the host of our little weekly Macro Party at


studio waterstone

Kristi
KristiBowmanDesign.Etsy
KristiBowmanDesign.Artfire

14 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like how they're all shiny and clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those textures you have on the components! NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cool, cool shots. I can't wait to see what everyone creates from these in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful shots of beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what beautiful pieces...love all the grooves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots!! All those beautiful colors and textures! I'm so glad I was able to get one of my very own!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi,I love copper and these are beautiful!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic, and the photos show off their wonderful texture and color beautifully. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the last shot a lot! What a great subject for macro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your super macro shots.
    I have always loved copper.
    You throwing your pieces into the kiln to "cook" up sounds like such a cool artistic outlet.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos. I am looking forward to this blog hop with one of your pieces. I have admired them for a long time. Thanks for doing this Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristi, your shots are fabulous!! Looking forward to getting mine in the mail any day now.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got my piece for the blog hop today! So excited, it is really awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love macro photos! These are so amazing! I love this texture.

    ReplyDelete