Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Heart Macro - Opportunist

All of these plants I think came from what the squirrels buried when they feed on my bird feeders.
This is the silk on an ear of corn, looks like a nice head of hair doesn't it,
I have always loved the silk on corn!
There are 3 ears on this plant maybe I'll have to plant it on purpose next year.


This is the stalk of a corn, didn't know it was hairy too!


And of course a beautiful Sunflower, this one is very small, maybe 4-5 inches.


I hope you enjoyed my Opportunistic photos today!

Kristi

studio waterstone

9 comments:

  1. I love the corn silk hair also but had overlooked the stems as well - nicely captured. As for sunflowers, they are always such a delightful sight aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great photos, Kristi! I esp. love the stalk of corn! You always have such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you..I love it when surprise plants pop up in the garden.. and yes, I did think it was going to be hair of some description!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the up close of the corn hair. Being on a dairy farm that grows cow corn I see it every day, but not like this! great photo's..I'm now following you. Have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful macros Kristi. The corn makes me homesick for my little mid-western rural town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots! Amazing details in all of them, but the sunflower is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shots. Great gifts from the squirrels ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought at first it was horse hair! Lovely macros!

    ReplyDelete