Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Swing With a View

Yesterday morning, the first day of My Week Off.
 I spent almost an hour on the swing, I'll be going out there again this morning.

It was so nice and relaxing and Ginger spent almost the whole time in my lap. Shasta is our resident watch doggie, all 9 pounds of her. She got up and down a half a dozen times but towards the end she stayed up for a fairly extended time.

We were visited by a hot air baloon, it was nice enough to stay quite some time in the only patch of sky I could see from my swing. Even when it was out of sight I could hear the blow of it's bellows as it fired up to keep itself afloat. I'm wondering if it's out there every morning, I guess I'll find out.


Shasta up front Ginger in the back.


Shasta the ever watchful guard dog.
As my husband says, she's the man!!

Ginger the professional snoozer, it takes alot to get her barking,
she usually does these quiet little woofs.

There's the hot air baloon making an appearance again after disappearing for awhile.

The view of the wonderful island that give us our lovely privacy.
While I was out there I wanted to see what kind of photos I could take from my spot, I brought  my 18-55mm so I could take pics of the girls on my lap and I brought my 55-200mm so I could take some longer shots. Got some Faux Macro shots of the fushia baskets and more of some of the other plants a bit further away.






Ginger was so comfy she didn't want to get off the swing, even after I left.


I'm off to the swing again this morning, it's not nearly so pretty this morning but I'm sure we'll all enjoy it just the same.

Thanks to everybody who left me comments on yesterday's post, some I have already tried some I have not. I appreciate you all taking the time to express your warm wishes and make suggestions more than you know. THANK YOU!

Kristi

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, a swing? Can I join you? I'll bring the lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi, i couldn't think of a better way to spend the morning, Shasta & Ginger are little cuties, my dads furry friend is 2lbs but she thinks she 90lbs. Little doggies have to make up in size with a fearless attitude.

    take care and enjoy your week ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so miss our dog : ( I would love nothing better then 2 more. Whast cuties they are!

    ReplyDelete