Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Finding my Polymer Clay Voice

Having a good time playing with Polymer Clay and trying to find my style within this new medium.
I won't stop playing with Copper but it's fun to add something new to the mix.
 I shared my new Cacoons not long ago over on the AJE Blog and here are a few more new pieces
I created over the weekend.

Sea Urchin Cacoons

I spent alot of time layering on the colors. At first I thought they weren't going to be good at all but the more I played the closer I got to what I am looking for.


Of course I had to use my old favorite Ammonite texture to play with. Once again when I first started laying colors I thought these are not going to work, but they turned out ok in the end.


Just in case you missed it, I added quite a few new Copper pieces in my shop over the weekend,
 I hope you go take a look.



I'm still always experimenting with Copper, this beautiful Sea Urchin Flower is one of my newest creations!

Thanks for stopping by!
I always love to hear what you think so leave me a comment if you like.
(comments are moderated so they may not show up right away)


Kristi

7 comments:

  1. Love what you're doing with polymer! I look forward to seeing where you go with it. The copper sea urchin flower is absolutely stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those cacoons! And the colours in the ammonites are very pretty too. (Then it's just a matter of taste that I prefer velvet soft matte finishes rather than shiny). Looking forward to seeing more pc pieces from you. I love copper so to be honest I'll always drool more over them, but I do enjoy seeing your polymer clay work too and know what you mean about wanting to add something new sometimes.

    Have you thought of combining the two, metal and polymer? A bit like in the image for that coming Lark book on the subject: http://www.larkcrafts.com/submit/calls-for-submissions/#claycombinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and textures of your new polymer pieces Kristi… they complement your copper so nicely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so amazingly organic! That is a real feat with something like polymer clay. You've got the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've already managed to find your voice! These pieces look terrific! (And of course, I love your sea urchin flower too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love them all! I think you have a gift for taking what you see in your mind and making it turn out spectacular.

    ReplyDelete