Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Heart Macro

I thought this might be an interesting Macro, relating to the work I do with Metal Clay. This is the tray lined with paper towel that I use when I'm filing and carving and cleaning up the green clay pieces getting them ready to be fired. The silver is done separately because there are other uses for it, but not really so much for Copper and Bronze.

These were taken with my 18-55mm lense and a 20mm extension tube.

A little Copper Curly Cue


Come join in the fun, see what other Macrolicious photos my friends have taken.

studio waterstone


Kristi

10 comments:

  1. These are wonderful macros Kristi!
    I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and intriguing Macros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great macro shots! Your extension tube works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the first pic...I will be looking for a new lens..mine bit the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the bits and pieces of other's design work! This is an awesome macro shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it wrong that it reminds me of chocolate? Can you not reuse copper clay like the silver? I would so love to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was chocolate when I saw the thumbnail! Very interesting close ups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way clay curls when it is carved - just in the right state...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the above - look like chocolate shavings, that's a good thing! Kristi, thanks for sharing your work - I enjoyed seeing it up close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Kristi! Yes curled milk chocolate. Brilliant macro shots - thanks for sharing. Love all the beautiful paired pieces too, in the post beneath this one - very creative and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete