Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WBW - Hummingbird hangin out

This little cutie was hanging out on my Butterfly Bush for probably 10 minutes, just sitting there


And sitting there...

And sitting there...


Then I guess he decided it was time to move on, he started stretching his wings and tail feathers and then...


I got the flash!!!!!!!


That incredible blazing gorget!!


And lots of adorable stretching and then


Zip zip zip it was gone!!!

PS, I've recently been told about this great site for keeping track of your bird sightings.
 You can also see what others in your area or wherever you want to know about have spotted.
This little Rufous hummingbird was the first one I put in my personal database.

Kristi

17 comments:

  1. A lovely serie of photos. A great WBW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I so enjoy seeing your hummingbird pictures and all the picture of your birds and wildlife. We have a coupe hummingbirds but I have yet to get any good photos of them. I keep trying but to no avail. It's amazing that there are so many different types of hummingbirds out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shots indeed.Have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 minutes with a hummingbird sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely hummingbird photos, thanks for the link to the site to track your birds

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so darling!! And what spectacular colors--saffron, coral and neon tangerine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing those photos. I love wild birds so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of a beautiful little bird. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful and very colorful. Which hummer is it? Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! I have never seen a hummingbird just sitting...only zipping around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shots, Kristi! I've never seen a hummingbird sit for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen a hummingbird take a break for so long. How lucky you got to see this little guy at rest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh it's totally delightful, petite. What a grand photo opportunity you had!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a little beauty and you final image, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete