Friday, May 6, 2011

My Day Off

Well...I didn't stay in my PJ's and make jewelry until afternoon like I planned. But I had a good time.

Started the morning unloading my kiln of Bronze and was THRILLED with the Bronze Shell I made (see yesterday's blog post)...and sold!! I look forward to seeing what Erin Prais-Hints of Tesori Trovati creates with it! I'm going to be making more of these beauties and some other shells I've molded.


Then I went out and did a few errands, such a busy weekend coming up I thought I'd better get these necessities out of the way. When I came home there were goodies in the mail box, I received some new Lampwork Beads I've been eagerly awaiting, below are my first purchase from BB Glass Art
Periwinkle Pebbles!


Ultramarine Pebbles

Pacific Prisms

Then this afternoon I played a little bit with some torch fire enameling beads, a little better than my last effort but still not quite there. I'm so looking forward to the class I'm taking with Barbara Lewis at Portland Art and Soul in a few months!! These are 2 of my more successfully of today's attempts, love that color!!


And I also tried my hand at making enamel head pins, not too bad!


Kristi

7 comments:

  1. I think you had a GREAT day! The shell is GORGEOUS! And the beads you got in the mail are BEAUTIFUL! My favs are the periwinkle. Can't wait to see what you do with all 3 sets. LOVE the enamel color too!
    Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! Creating days in your PJs are the best kinds of days off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were one creative Missy today, Kristi! Your shell is stunning & it looks like you had some fun with fire today :D Love your lampwork finds too! PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi, that shell came out beautifully! I can't wait to see what Erin does with it either :) And very nice enameling, and happy package day...you had a good day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shell is amazing - love the color of your enameled beads, too! I need to go check out BB for myself - your beads are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day off you had! I love the shell & your new beads. Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete