Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ABS May Challenge

This months Art Bead Scene Challenge inspiration is a beautiful piece by Berthe Morisot. This wonderful piece is an Oil on Canvas, 18 1/4" x 21 3/4" called Cache-cache (Hide-and-Seek). It's lovely soft feminine beauty is a wonderful inspiration.

I chose to pull out the little red flowers in the tree as my focal and include the soft muted greens of the grass and surrounding area and add little bits of subtle color all around.


A wonderful Red Flower by Mary Harding Jewelry
 is the focal with a bail of silk ribbon in shades of green.


A couple of gorgeous Lampwork beads by Karen at LibelulaDesigns.


Lovely Copper Beads from Rings &Things


And wonderful faceted Agate in that lovely pale green,
 with glass beads in greens and reds and a handmade Copper Clasp to pull it all together.
 I just had to add a couple of little silk ribbon accents as well.

As always this was a fun challenge, take a look at all the other wonderful entries for this month on the

Kristi

6 comments:

  1. I am blown away. You did such a beautiful piece with my red flower. I am so excited to see it. Thanks so much for the shout out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation! The components are all so beautiful! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is a stunner! I know that Mary actually made that flower inspired by March's ABS challenge. I think that it works so well here!
    Thank you for sharing your talents!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Awesome! What a gorgeous necklace! Congratulations on a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, Kristi. I esp. love the rich and unusual colors you used.

    ReplyDelete