Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Heart Macro Copper and Ammonite

Check out the amazing color in these copper pieces.
All done with a torch.
I broke out my 36mm extension tube for these photos.



These next couple of pictures are 2 new pyritized ammonite fossils
 I just added to my collection.
They are bigger than any of the ones I had before
 so I can create some larger pieces using this amazing texture!



Last, I had to take a super macro shot of my new makers mark.
This is unfired copper,
you know I'll be showing you a macro of some fired pieces soon.
One thing I learned about having a makers mark,
doesn't do much good if you keep forgetting to use it!!!



Check out the other Macro Maniacs at Studio Waterstone

studio waterstone

Kristi

Sign up for my new Newsletter

17 comments:

  1. Love those colors from the torch! I also love the close up of the ammonites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I love your shots of the copper pieces the colors are amazing. The new Ammonites are pretty cool.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that color is amazing! Love the new maker's mark as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, beautiful colour and textures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colors! and texture! I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty!! Love each and every one of them. I cant believe how rich the colors are up close. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW- what gorgeous shots! The colors are awesome! Love your mark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beads! Beautiful macros! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular!!!! Love all of that torch color!!! I have a cool makers mark for my porcelain work - Using it is kind of key!! :) you will get used to it. Can't wait to see the new ammonite pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics, Kristi! And the maker's mark turned out perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the colors are glorious! And all the shots are fabulous. It's going to take me awhile to get used to the macro extension tubes! I think your makers mark is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow, that color is incredible! Great macro shots...and that ammonite is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Kristi!!! Those ammonites are stunning - and that stamp is great : D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great macro shots Kristi! I love the amazing textures of the Ammonite!

    The new banner is great! I spotted it as so as the page started loading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love all the color and texture you are able to produce in your pieces. These macro shots really highlight their awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors in that, and will have to check out your store!

    ReplyDelete